FASTING AND PRAYERS
LUKE22:40And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation. 41And he was withdrawn from them about a stone’s cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, 42Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. 43And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him. 44And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.
Beloved fasting and prayers is the most open gate way to transformation. Fasting and prayer, I could say is holding brief of food with the pleasurable things of the flesh desire for a time for one spirit to strive in strength in engaging self-talking to God with psalms, studying the word of God, that if done appropriately in faith, the possibility of God respond feedback can be receive. As obviously said God is everywhere, not minding he is not accessible in every place except seeking him to find him as Jesus did in above passage. These necessitate the role of seeking God in fasting and prayers in a solemn committed order brainstorming on God word in other to receive his attention for help.
Luke18:1 And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;
Jesus made this call knowing that fasting and prayer is a process of been an standing strengthen to behold the feet full life of God because the prayer life of a man determined the strength, you can go beyond your prayer life which also bring down the power of God for infective help as happen in
Act16:25And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them. 26And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one’s bands were loosed. 27And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleep, and seeing the prison doors open, he drew out his sword, and would have killed himself, supposing that the prisoners had been fled. Dear Friends if there is anything we must discipline ourselves for is to try and strive in prayer always. For it’s the strength of believers through the Holy Spirit, hence believer are to engage mush of their time in fasting always to upheld intimate relationship and fellowship as the open means communicating to God and received help
|James5v16||Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. Please never you buy the idea avoiding fervent prayers rather involve yourself in deep prayers with speaking in tongue and using the word of God that at the place of prayers you can present your petitions to God and receive instructions
- Act10v9,14,15 On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour: OH LORD HELP ME TO BE POSITIONED IN PLACE OF PRAYER IN THY NAME OF JESUS
- And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat. HOLY SPIRIT HELP ME TO BE SPIRITUAL SENSITIVE TO THE THINGS OF THE SPIRIT IN THY NAME OF JESUS
- 14But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten anything that is common or unclean. HOLY SPIRIT HELP ME TO BE SPIRITUALLY FIRM IN PRAYERS IN THY NAME OF JESUS
- 15And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. HOLY SPIRIT HELP ME NOT TO BE SPIRITUALLY BLINDFOLDED OF SELF A CLAM RIGHTEOUSNESS TO YOUR WILL IN THY NAME OF JESUS
- JESUS RELEASE ON ME THY LIFE OF PRAYER IN THY NAME OF JESUS
- James4v3-4Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts. HOLY SPIRIT PURGE ME OF MY SINFUL NATURE THAT I CAN THINK RIGHTLY AND ASK RIGHTLY IN THY NAME OF JESUS