Isaiah61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; 2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; 3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified. 4 And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.
Beloved the writer of the above scripture declared the possessor ship of the spirit of God and his anointing upon him to carry out specific functions that are obligatory of declaring God good new, within the period we will be viewing functions of the spirit of the lord and his anointing on this passage.
- To preach good tidings unto the meek; who are the meek?
Psalm 25:9 The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way. The meek are the absolute ones in obedient down to the earth in compliant to instructions and submissions, these attract them to God as favorite loyal sons and daughters as they imply to his directive on how and what to do. They are of royal value to God hence he direct and defend them.
- A great example of someone who lived with this virtue was Moses, who was the meekest man to ever live. For instance, Moses never complained to God about the grief Miriam and Aaron caused him. He simply choose to bear the burden yet God acted for him. Number 12:5 And the LORD came down in the pillar of the cloud, and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam: and they both came forth. 6 And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream. 7 My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house. 8 With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses? 9 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against them; and he departed.10 And the cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam became leprous, white as snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and, behold, she was
Moses’ meek disposition was also evident in Exodus when he was literally wearing himself out trying to help everyone solve their problems. In spite of this, he never complained or even gave thought to how it could affect him personally. Hence, Moses’ meekness wasn’t a character of timidity or letting other people run over him. On the contrast, it was a powerful demonstration of disciplined strength beyond what most people could endure as some trying taken them for granted not minding they are God favorite you could see how God reacted over Moses embarrassment that you should be careful how you behave with the meek avoid God anger. See you nest as we continue.
- Oh lord my God input in me thy virtue of meekness to serve you as your favorite in thy name of Jesus
- Psalms27:11 Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies in thy name of Jesus
- James 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. At thy word oh lord let me find grace in your side to follow you in thy name of Jesus
- Jas 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Holy Spirit endow thy grace of submission and resisting the devil that he should flee in thy name of Jesus